The prime objective of a fire alarm system is to protect lives and property from any outbreak of fire. The advancing technology is playing a vital role in revolutionizing the fire alarm systems. Here we discuss the key developments the latest technology has brought in the segment of fire alarms.
Faster And Efficient Installations
- The recent technology has facilitated installing fire alarms very quickly. Also, installations have become easier and highly cost effective than the earlier versions. The latest technology we can talk of corresponds to addressable notification technology. These are much sophisticated than the conventional hardwired systems.
- While the conventional fire alarm systems are expensive and also difficult to install, their big downside is they cannot be reconfigured or expanded. The complexity involved in the conventional fire alarms systems make it difficult to locate the errors and resolve them which will incur more labor.
- The addressable systems make it possible for every attached device to report the status continuously to the alarm panel. Regardless of the wiring path, the addressable communication is rather direct to every single device.
- In case a device needs to be added in future, the wiring can be done from the nearest junction box and there is no need to go to the main panel. This open wiring scheme makes it very easy to install and troubleshoot as the faults can be isolated to the device level. This system also means fewer power supplies and the possibility to connect more appliances.
- There is also a potential to streamline the commissioning process to a new cloud based solution to achieve a remote connection to the fire alarm panel. Hence the technician can test the devices, initiate the alarms remotely and view the results displayed on the panel through mobile device.
Easier To Retrofit, Upgrade And Expand
The new age fire alarm systems make it easy to retrofit, upgrade and expand. You can upgrade the existing conventional systems without any need to remove the field devices, panel back boxers and wiring. Some kinds of fire alarms can also adapt to a number of end-of-line resistor values. This adjustment is provided in the software.
- Due to the agility of the circuit, the installer can make use of the existing wiring infrastructure and avoid wasting time on locating and replacing the end-of-line resistors. This will also mean less disruption to the occupants of the building and the other activities going on in the building.
- The addressable technology has rendered the fire alarms scalable with the capacity to grow and evolve as per the demands of the times. Even the upgrades to the recent technology platforms can be done with economical spending.
- The new codes and standards require precise capabilities to ensure compliance. The newer systems are featured to incorporate the latest in technology and the transition from an older system is rendered very easy. Hence the existing infrastructure is used as much as possible and the least disturbance is caused to the occupants and the building.
The fire alarm technology is continuously evolving. Some of the essential benefits of the advancing technology are cost effectiveness, quick installation, easy troubleshooting and sophisticated options. The benefits are for the installer and the end user to enjoy.